Use these links to quickly go to a page, otherwise keep scrolling for more information:
It is unfortunately quite common for patients to suffer injuries from the very medical devices that are intended to help them. If you have been injured after using a medical device to improve your health, our experienced legal team at Goldberg & Rosen may be able to help you file a defective product claim against the responsible parties and recover the compensation you deserve.
Common defective medical devices
A medical device is a device medical professionals may use to help patients treat a disease, condition or illness. Certain medical devices are more prone to encounter defective product claims, including:
- Implants, such as hip or shoulder replacements.
- Contraceptive devices.
Types of medical device claims
The direction of your case, as well as the compensation you’re entitled to, will depend on your specific defective product claim. Here are the three most common types:
- Defective manufacturing. If a medical device is manufactured improperly, damaged during shipping or damaged due to an error at the hospital or physician’s office, you may have a claim against a defectively manufactured device.
- Defective design. A defective design claim may occur if the medical device featured an inherently dangerous or risky design that caused your injury or illness.
- Defective marketing. If warnings about the risks or safety concerns of using the medical device were not properly conveyed, it is considered defective marketing, which may provide you with grounds for a lawsuit.
Let us help
Schedule a free case review with Goldberg & Rosen in Miami to get the proper legal advice you deserve.
Free Case Review
Who can you sue for a defective medical device?
A variety of individuals and entities may be held responsible for the damages, injuries and losses you’ve experienced due to a defective medical device, including:
- The device manufacturer. In many cases, the manufacturer of the device is a defendant in a defective product claim. As the manufacturer is usually a large corporation, it’s important to retain a legal team that is vastly experienced in taking on these powerful entities.
- The sales representative. The sales representative who sold the device to doctors may also be held responsible if they recommended a medical device that ultimately caused your injury.
- Your doctor. Your doctor may be liable for your injuries if he or she did not warn you about the risks and potential dangers of using the device, or if he or she failed to provide you with the device’s safety and proper use instructions.
Current medical device lawsuits at Goldberg & Rosen
Apex K2 Hip Implants
Our expert legal team at Goldberg & Rosen is proud to represent individuals who have been injured and experienced metal toxicity due to dangerous hip implants sold by OMNI Life Sciences, Inc. If you or a loved one has experienced medical complications after receiving an Apex K2 implant, our attorneys may be able to help you file a lawsuit against the manufacturer to recover compensation for your medical bills, pain and suffering, injuries and other damages.
Bard IVC Filters
Thousands of patients who have received Bard IVC filters – devices used to capture blood clots before they enter the lungs – may be entitled to file a legal claim against the manufacturers for design and manufacturing defects, negligent misrepresentation and breach of implied warranty, as well as failure to warn of risk. In addition to puncturing veins, these faulty filters have also migrated to other parts of the body and caused serious complications.
Cook IVC Filters
Manufactured by Cook Medical, the Gunther Tulip and Celect IVC filters are designed to trap blood clots and prevent pulmonary embolisms. However, when they are not promptly removed, they can cause a number of serious – and potentially deadly – complications.
In 2010, DePuy Orthopaedics recalled two hip replacement products – the ASR Hip Resurfacing System and the ASR XL Acetabular System – due to a high risk of complications associated with these devices.
Standard Offset Cup Impactor
At Goldberg & Rosen in Miami, we have an extensive track record of success in helping people who have been injured by dangerous medical devices.
Stryker Accolade Hip
At Goldberg & Rosen, our expert legal team is proud to represent individuals who have been injured or poisoned due to defective and dangerous hip implants sold by the Stryker Corporation.
Stryker Hip Implants
At Goldberg & Rosen, our expert legal team is proud to represent individuals who have been injured or poisoned due to defective and dangerous hip implants sold by the Stryker Corporation. If you or a loved one has experienced medical complications after receiving a Stryker implant, our attorneys may be able to help you file a lawsuit against the manufacturer to recover compensation for your medical bills, pain and suffering, injuries and other damages.
Stryker Rejuvenate Hip
Hip implants are intended to provide you with enhanced joint function and relief from pain. However, when the procedure is performed with a dangerous product – like the Stryker Corporation’s Rejuvenate Modular Primary Hip System – you may instead be faced with serious medical complications.
If you’ve been seriously injured by or lost a loved one due to an airbag in an auto accident, a dangerous defect may be to blame. Our expert legal team is proud to represent individuals who have been injured due to exploding Takata airbags, helping them file lawsuits against the manufacturer to recover the compensation.
Over the past decade, a large number of women have reported complications associated with the use of vaginal mesh during pelvic organ prolapse repair surgery. As such, affected women may be entitled to recover compensation for their damages.
Zimmer Kinectiv Hip
Our legal team at Goldberg & Rosen is proud to represent individuals who have been injured due to dangerous Zimmer Kinectiv hip implants.
Zimmer Nexgen Knee
Knee implants are intended to provide patients with normal knee function for a long period of time. The NexGen knee implants have instead failed prematurely and created substantial physical challenges for the individuals who received them.