A personal injury lawyer is the legal professional you hire to represent you in a case against a person or organization that has caused you injury (or to defend against such a lawsuit). Our top-rated personal injury attorneys in Miami at Goldberg & Rosen have an exceptionally high success rate in the court room and in settling personal injury cases on behalf of clients who have been injured through the negligence of others. Here we have listed some important questions to ask when you are seeking a qualified and effective personal injury lawyer in Miami.
Why do you need a personal injury attorney?
Personal injury is a separate area of law that requires a specific type of experience and legal skills. If you have been injured through the negligence or wrongdoing of another, you will need a Miami attorney with:
- In-depth understanding of negligence law and torts
- Thorough understanding of medical diagnoses and processes
- Ability to negotiate skillfully on your behalf
- Successful trial experience
- Knowledge of laws particular to Miami-area and the state of Florida
What factors and qualities are you looking for in a personal injury lawyer?
Make a list of everything you are looking for in a personal injury attorney, which may include:
- Location: You will need an attorney licensed to practice law in the state where you were injured.
- Practice focus: Look for an attorney that practices in your specific area of injury (for example, motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, product liability).
- Experience: The more experience a candidate has handling cases similar to yours, the better.
- Reputation: Choose a personal injury lawyer with a good reputation in your community.
- Trial experience: Although many personal injury cases can be successfully settled out of court, be sure to hire a personal injury attorney who is not afraid to go to trial if necessary to secure the compensation you deserve.
- History of success: Pick a winner with a track record of successfully settling and trying cases.
Who do your friends, family and people you know recommend?
Ask for referrals from co-workers, neighbors, friends, and family. Although a personal referral should not be the sole deciding factor, it can be helpful to know that people you know have had a good experience with a personal injury attorney.
What about online ratings of local lawyers?
Specific web services are designed to connect potential clients with local attorneys in each area of practice. In addition to general information, such as phone numbers and websites, these services typically provide rankings to indicate how well others in the community have been satisfied with a lawyer’s services.
What can you find out on the phone about your strongest candidates for a personal injury lawyer?
Once you have identified some candidates for your personal injury attorney, get on the phone to collect more information. Call state and county bar associations, or contact the law firm itself to get answers to your questions.
Will the attorney you are considering take your case to trial if necessary?
Many attorneys who handle personal injury cases are not trial lawyers, but rather, negotiate with insurance companies to achieve a settlement. You need a personal injury lawyer who is not afraid to go to trial. Insurance companies who know they are going up against a talented adversary make a greater effort to settle the case fairly, due to concerns about a jury award.
Does your candidate for a personal injury attorney have a proven history of high settlements and verdicts?
If your case involves serious personal injuries, the lawyer you choose to represent you can make all the difference in the outcome. It is important to choose a personal injury attorney or law firm with a high success rate, both in and out of the courtroom. At Goldberg & Rosen in Miami, our seasoned personal injury lawyers have extensive knowledge, access to cutting-edge technology, and a high rate of success in winning cases for our clients.
Having a highly skilled and experienced personal injury attorney is akin to having an emotional shock absorber at a time when most clients are at their most vulnerable. We hope to make it easier for our clients to heal and move on after a traumatic injury involving bodily harm or reputation. We understand a big part of that is having the finances necessary to take care of all expenses incurred now and into the future.
Schedule A Consultation
If you or a loved one have been the victim of negligence or misconduct, please do not hesitate to contact among the best attorneys Miami has available at Goldberg & Rosen today to receive expert guidance about your legal options, as well as a free and confidential case evaluation.